For homeowners in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area, the summer of 2013 is the perfect time to list your North Texas home for sale. If you’ve been considering whether to sell your home or concerned that it may not be a good time, not to worry – homes are in demand, and conditions are ideal! In many communities such as Flower Mound and Denton, buyers have plenty of competition for those homes they want, particularly those that are well-priced. In fact, it isn’t unusual for sellers to receive multiple offers on their homes.
Need more convincing that now’s the time to list your home for sale? Here are some recent numbers from North Texas Real Estate Information Systems; these statistics are for the period May 2013 vs. May 2012:
- Days on the market averaged 63, down 24.2% from last year
- The number of homes for sale decreased by more than 21%
- Months’ supply of inventory decreased to 4.2 months, a 31.6% reduction
- Median sales prices were up nearly 12%
- Percent of original list price received by sellers increased to 95.5% of asking price, up 1.4%
Now you see why the summer of 2013 is the ideal time to put your home on the market. Ready to find out what your home is worth in today’s market? Contact the Dallas real estate agents at Team Nelson to find out more about the market in your own community, so that you can feel confident you made the right decision.