Expert Realtors - Dallas Builder Associations Realtor of the Year

Call Now (972) 317-5900

Thinking about buying/selling? View our Listing Presentation that explains who we are, what we do, and how we do it.

Menu

Buy

Sell

How to Save Thousands When You Close on a Home in DFW

When you’re selling your home, it’s definitely an understatement to say that there’s a lot going on. From staging your home before the constant stream of tours to negotiating prices between brokers and agents, there is plenty on your mind that makes selling your home into nearly a full-time job on its own. In the process of selling, it can be easy to forget that there are things you can do to save a tremendous amount on closing costs, namely working with a broker who doesn’t charge a listing commission (like Team Nelson!).

Sell Your Home Commission Free

So what does it mean to sell your home commission free? Simply put, it’s when your listing broker and agent don’t take a commission from you when you sell. In an ordinary home sale, the seller is responsible for a 6% commission to be split up among listing brokers, listing agents, buyer brokers, and buyer agents. 3% goes to the buyer side, and 3% goes to the sellers side. After the fees are divided, the buyer broker gets 30% of the total fee on the buyer side, while the buyer agent gets the remaining 70% of the total fee on the buyer side. The same goes for the sellers: the broker gets 30% and the agent gets 70%. All said and done, only 6% of your total sale may not seem like too bad of a deal for not having to deal with the bigger complexities of selling your home.

But what if we told you there’s another way?

Part of what makes Team Nelson and the other brokers that followed in our footsteps so unique is our approach to listing commissions: we don’t charge any commission if you buy with us. That’s right, when you buy a home with us, you immediately save that 3% that would’ve gone to the seller commissions, because we just don’t charge it. If that still doesn’t seem like a big deal to you, think of it this way: if you sell your home for $400,000, that’s $12,000 right back in your pocket with absolutely no drawbacks. Because of the sheer volume of homes we deal in, we’re able to pass the savings back to you, our clients, saving you money and the hassle of dealing with multiple agents and brokers. If you want to sell your home commission free, we are ready to help!

Working with Team Nelson

Beyond just savings and convenience, we offer a wealth of experience within the DFW housing market bolstered by an honest approach to buying and selling. Our goal is to put you in the right home for you and your family, not to just sell you a house and move on. We know the entire DFW area well, and we have agents ready to help you find the perfect city, town, neighborhood, subdivision, and school district. If you want to learn more about how to sell your home commission free or just ask us a few questions about the market, feel free to drop us a line anytime!

What People Are Saying

We love using Team Nelson to buy and sell homes! The entire team is incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive. Tara has been are go to for anything we need to know about local market and market trends. They will schedule a meeting in person at your home and give you honest expectations of the sell of your home. They meet and often exceed the expectations they set for their customers.
Demi Devine Avatar
Demi Devine
12/30/2022
This is the third house that Team Nelson has sold for us. With sales of homes dropping throughout the Metroplex Team Nelson had us an offer in less than 10 days which we took. The three other homes for sale within a three block area are still on the market after ours has closed.
jtrickel4 Avatar
jtrickel4
11/17/2022
Highly recommend working with Bill & Andra and their team at Your Home Free (Emma & Kelly) for your home buying & selling needs. We thoroughly interviewed 10 other brokers/realtors before deciding to work with their team and never regretted it. They are extremely professional, passionate, responsive, and experienced in the Dallas market. We greatly appreciate them & their time. You will be in goods hands with listing, selling, or buying your home!
zuser20150115144057455 Avatar
zuser20150115144057455
11/17/2022