Many homeowners who decide to put their North Texas home on the market make the decision to sell it themselves. If you’re of the opinion that putting a ‘For Sale by Owner’ sign up in your yard is the best option, you may change your mind after learning what all is involved – and what listing agents actually do. The fact is, you may think you’ll save a bundle on real estate commissions by selling your home yourself, but it will actually cost you in the long-run in terms of lost time and lost money.
Before you stick that ‘For Sale by Owner’ sign in the yard, consider the things you’ll need to do (or have done) in order to sell your home. It isn’t as easy as getting an offer, shaking hands, and calling it done!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An expert with a thorough understanding of cash offers, contingencies, and much more
- A local advertising campaign comprised of online advertising, print advertising, and other methods to make your home more visible
- A comprehensive market analysis
- An in-depth marketing campaign so that you get the highest price possible for your home
- Someone who is knowledgeable, professional, and capable of coordinating showings and scheduling appointments, and who can drive traffic to and conduct your open house
- Networking with other Realtors is important, as they may have buyers who are very interested in your home
- A skilled negotiator when it comes to price, so that it can be determined whether an offer on your home is reasonable, or well below market value
- Expert price valuation to ensure you don’t underprice your home, but set a price that will help it sell quickly
- Legal representation to make certain all agreements and documentation are properly formed, and the sale transaction is as seamless as possible
Seems like a lot to do, doesn’t it? And it is. Now you can see why the majority of homeowners choose to have a trusted Dallas real estate agent handle the sale of their homes. Considering the costs, loss of time, and headaches you will likely endure, is it really worth it? Probably not.
If you’re selling your North Texas home, count on the professionals at Team Nelson to make it as quick, easy, and painless as possible, while getting the highest possible price for your home.